PLAY supports the awareness, assessment, development and advancement of physical literacy among participants and leaders. The two components of physical literacy that are assessed in PLAY are Movement Skills and Self Awareness.
Based on the results of the physical literacy assessments, the PLAY website generates a Participant Scorecard and a Group Scorecard. These scorecards highlight strengths and weaknesses in participants’ physical literacy levels and support leaders in adapting their programming and instruction to provide targeted lessons that are relevant at both the group and participant levels. The user-friendly scorecard results offer leaders, parents and participants a platform to engage in meaningful conversation about physical literacy assessment outcomes to support future improvements. PLAY provides a cumulative record of participant assessments across multiple years.PLAY provides participants’ responses to an online questionnaire along with participant data resulting fromtheir participation in movement skill tasks that leaders administer and observe.
PLAY uses an online platform to present and manage physical literacy information.
This online platform allows leaders to:
- input and manage the data for each of their participants and groups in the program;
- access and download comprehensive support materials:
- tools, guidelines, instructional strategies and record-keeping forms for completing the assessments;
- guides to interpret and use the results; and
- ideas and resources to provide individualized attention and information. This will help participants and leaders set goals and work towards continued improvement of physical literacy.